About Joff Smith
Joff served 3 terms as the District 1 Worcester City Councilor after winning election in 2005, 2007 and 2009.
Joff Smith Grew up in District 1
- Graduate of Flagg St. Elementary School.
- Played baseball for Joe Schwartz Little League and Babe Ruth.
- Graduate of Forest Grove Jr. High & Doherty Memorial High School.
Joff Smith is Committed to Worcester
- Organized Joff Smith’s Celebrity Auction charity event which raised over $50,000 for Worcester charities.
- Boxed in the Give Kids a Fighting Chance charity boxing event to benefit the Worcester Boys and Girls Club.
- On the Board of the Masonic Angel Fund charity which provides financial assistance to children in need at local schools.
- Steering Committee member of the Worcester Tree Initiative.
- Volunteered to help coach Little League baseball teams.
- Volunteered to help with Special Olympics.
- Member of the Worcester Young Businessmen’s Association.
- Member of the Worcester Economics Club.
- Danced in Salsa with Worcester Stars charity event to benefit Centro Las Americas.
- On the Board of the Hourglass Foundation.
- On the Board of Worcester Comprehensive Education & Care, Inc.
Joff Smith is Educated
- Graduate of the University of Hartford.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
- Magna Cum Laude graduate with Major in Economics and Finance, and Minor in Sociology.
- Beta Gamma Sigma member, which is an honor society for the best students in accredited business programs.
- Recipient of the Senior Book Award, given to the top senior in the business school.
Joff Smith has a Financial Background
- Founder & President of Joffrey Smith Financial Group, a financial services firm through which he advises clients about insurance, retirement planning, investments and employee benefits.
- Obtained LUTCF designation, and also has Life, Accident & Health, Series 6, 7, 63 and Series 65 Registrations held through LPL Financial.
Joff Smith is Young, Hardworking and Well Rounded
- Appointed by Governor Patrick and Lt. Gov. Murray to the Board of Trustees of the State Library of MA.
- Helped organize and host Karaoke for a Cure charity event to benefit cancer research.
- Elected as a Delegate to the MA Democratic State Convention.
- Recipient of prestigious 40 under Forty award by the Worcester Business Journal.
- Selected as one of the Top 25 To Watch by Pulse Magazine.
- Played Division 1 baseball at the University of Hartford.